Kasco 2400-VFX Aerating Pond Fountain
This Kasco 1/2 HP aerating fountain uses a propeller for outstanding aeration. Efficient Energy Use: Highest efficiency design for low power consumption versus competing units. Reduces operating costs over the entire life of the unit. 5.6 running amps on a 120V circuit for low operating costs. Unique water-deflecting nozzle. Successful shallow water operation in as little as 15″!
Please see closeup picture of fountain flow to see just how much water a Kasco aerating fountain puts out!
- Rugged Motor: Environmentally friendly design of this stainless steel motor. Long-life top and bottom ball bearings. Motors are rebuildable at factory.
- Corrosion Resistant: Salt-water friendly.
- Low-Maintenance: Clean the motor housing once or twice per year and replacing the sacrificial zinc anode when visibly corroded.
- Fully Tested: ETL listed to stringent UL and CSA Safety standards.
- Dependable: 2-year warranty. Motor is repairable for super long life!
- Choice of Cord Lengths: Cord length options of 50′, 100′, 150′, or 200.’
- Assembled in the U.S.A.
Each Unit Includes:
- Stainless steel motor
- Heavy duty float
- Bottom screen
- Control panel with GFI protection (not even included by many other manufacturers)
- Power cord
- Mooring lines (also not included by many other manufacturers)
Below are Kasco’s recommendations for horsepower/acre to properly aerate. However, do keep in mind that these are optimum recommendations, and we’ve often found pond owners can choose smaller units than Kasco recommends, depending on the degree of algae and the number and size of fish.
- 1.5HP per acre for the VFX Series Aerating Fountains
- 2HP per acre for the JF Series Aerating Fountains
- Exception: the 4400VFX and 4400HVFX will aerate a 3/4 acre area due to the more efficient 4 blade prop
|Voltage / Amps
|5 x 15
For ponds with a lot of much buildup, you might want to add Kasco Macrozyme, a bacteria which is non-toxic to humans, fish and other animals, and releases billions of beneficial bacteria and enzymes to reduce muck, neutralize odors, and clean your water. One 8-oz bag treats about 1/2 acre feet of water.